Re: TR 6 Thrust washers

To: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: TR 6 Thrust washers
From: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 20:06:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
It's not a difficult job, and it is one that needs to be done to insure the
life of your engine.  If you're not sure your mechanic is being truthful,
have him/her show you the axial play in the crankshaft.  Mr. Bentley says it
should be .006 to .008 inches.
While you're in there,  you might want to consider checking/replacing the
main and rod bearings too.  Don't forget the oil pump!

Good luck,
Chad Stretz
73 TR6