TR3 Driving Lights

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Driving Lights
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:02:51 -0400
In the Moss sale flyer (expiring today), is a good buy in driving lights.
Since I've been wanting a pair, I ordered them.  Received them yesterday,
along with a badge bar with light brackets to mount them on.  I was also
able to use the 10% discount certificate that I received at VTR.  A heck of
a deal.

The good news is that they are genuine Lucas.  The bad news is that they are
genuine Lucas!

Now my question is -- what's the best way to wire them?  I want to use a
separate fuse holder in the hot side.  Where's the best place to pick up the
+12vdc?  Should I wire it through the ignition switch, so that they won't
run down the battery if I forget to shut them off?  Will it take the extra
current?

My TR3B has two side-by-side switches on the dash.  One is used to turn on
the heater fan.  The other was unused, and I wired it to over-ride my
adjustable thermostat for the electric cooling fan that I added, so that I
can manually turn on the fan any time.  I am leaning toward using this
switch for the driving lights, and adding another under the dash for the
cooling fan.  What is the correct, original switch configuration?

Sumner Weisman