Bios

Subject: Bios
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:12:03 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
My turn!  My turn!

I'm 21 and have been living here in Sheringham Estates, British Columbia
all my life.

Going to school at Camosun College, attempting to get a small degree (2yr)
in Computer Science.  After that, a larger degree, or I'll get an
extremely high-paying job that will let me retire in 5 years.  Ha.

Currently single and legally unemployed, I do all sorts of stuff for
money.  Mostly construction and maintenance, but I've been known to strap
on some dress clothes and stand in as a Systems Analyst or a Comp Tech
when the need arises.

Got my TR4 from a neighbor who bought it to attempt to be a Sports Car
Driver, and wasn't prepared to be a Sports Car Repairman.  He wiped out
twice in two months- not badly, but enough to scare him, and it had sat
for five years before I came on the scene and dragged it away (literally)
with a winch hooked up to the back bumper of dad's Volare.

Past cars (not many...) have been a '78 Fairmont Wagon, which would have
been a nicer car if it were 10 years newer... it had a habit of turning
the headlights off during night driving, and the indestructable '81
Chevette, that I got tired of fixing on-the-cheap (especially with the '62
TR4 in the garage now!)

I play badminton, I turn wood on the lathe, I invent weird and wild repair
methods to fix my car for as little money as possible, I play (and write)
computer games, and try to keep myself out of mischief.  I also maintain
the FAQ (almost 1 year old now!), but I'd like to get out of that...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm