C A R B S A G A - E P I L O G U E

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: C A R B S A G A - E P I L O G U E
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:34:38 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"

Thanks to the many list members that responded to my questions.  I went to
my 2nd mechanic (different shop) today and had my 76 TR6 looked at.

To recap what I had done, I had:

Installed new rotor,cap, points, plugs, carb diaphragms, & metering needles

Adjusted mixture using a colortune and special tool, attempted to re-balance
carbs, and set idle

Inspected temperature compensators (they looked like new)

After all that my symptoms were rough running between 1500 and 2500 RPM once
the car was completely warmed up and idle speed of 1500-2000 RPM.

My new mechanic checked the mixture and adjusted it slightly, disassembled
the by-pass valve and installed new by-pass valve diaphragms and adjusted
the spring in each, checked and set timing, balanced the carbs and set the
idle.

The culprit in my case was the bypass valve assembly.  This mechanic told me
that whenever they rebuild carbs, they automatically service the assembly.

It may be too early to tell, but at this point, my problems are solved.  I
will keep the list up to date if problems persist.

Jack Radley
76 TR6