Re: TR4 - Hydraulic Type Brake Light Switch Failure

To: sanborn@net1plus.com
Subject: Re: TR4 - Hydraulic Type Brake Light Switch Failure
From: bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:56:59 -1000
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
>At least I know what do.  Keep changing them until they fail.
>

>Great idea on a substitute from another car.   Does anybody remember an
>American or German car that used a hydraulically actuated brake light
>switch.

Brian, it just dawned on me that my 51 dodge truck uses a switch that is
very similar.  Unfortunately I'm not at home right now to do a comparison but
if I remember right most all american made vehicles from the 50's and earlier
had hydraulic brake switches installed in them.

I bought the replacement for my dodge from Roberts Motor Parts 800-231-
3180 for sales for 978-363-5407 for information.  They are in Web Newbury
Massachusetts.  http://www.robertsmotorparts.com

Hope this helps!

Brad
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 4/29/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1959 (x2) TR3A's - one complete and one for parts
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108