RE: Heater Core Water Flow - Which Way?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Heater Core Water Flow - Which Way?
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:18:05 -0700
Chip :

The entire system is under pressure, so unless you have TWO valves to shut
off the heater, there will be pressure in the core and hoses, and the
coolant will flow either way towards a leak.  Of course, when you don't
have a leak, then the coolant doesn't flow, and it doesn't much matter
which side the valve is on.  However, I believe the valve is actually
located on the 'hot' side of the heater core, since the pump is drawing
cooler water from the bottom of the radiator.

Randall