Re: Gas Tank Renu

To: "TR Listserv" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas Tank Renu
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 07:20:52 -0500
Randall Young  wrote...

>This morning, while picking up my radiator at the local shop, I also picked
up a brochure for "Gas Tank Renu".  <snip>

I have called and I have one reservation about this.  They cut a relatively
large (more than hand-sized) hole in the tank to allow introducing an arm
with a sandblast gun.  They plug the hole, but your tank sure will NOT be
original any more.  The process does include a baked sealant inside, but I
really think you can do a good job using acid and neutralizer inside without
destroying the original exterior appearance of your tank.

- Karl Vacek
'66 TR4A - IRS
'64 Amphicar
'16 Ford T Touring