Borla silver bullet "glass packs" anyone?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Borla silver bullet "glass packs" anyone?
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:17:06 -0400

Anyone using the Borla silver bullet resonator - looks like a glass pack
muffler?  What engine displacement and what dia of exhaust pipe between the
engine and the resonator (assuming a single down pipe or header outlet)?  What
is length of the resonator?  I am thinking of using the 2.0 or 2.25 in. dia by
30 in. long unit.

If not Borlas, what other brands has anyone used?  This unit must fit between
the frame rails of a GT-6 / Spit frame, under the driveshaft.  The frame narrows
down to about 4 in between the frame rails.

Background:  The current exhaust sound is great but I would like the engine to
be  1000+ rpm higher for the given sound (noise) level.  I can not use a stock
(transverse) rear muffler because I have a trailer hitch hidden between the mini
turbos that prohibits a stock style muffler.   I installed a Monza exhaust
system on my GT-6 years ago.  Since then I have increased  displacement to 2.5L,
six-into-one headers in place of the exhaust manifold, increased the diameter of
the y-pipe and Dynomax Mini-turbos replacing the Monza rear mufflers. The
forward resonator/muffler is still the original Monza unit and it has an
internal thru diameter of about 1.5 in. This is a major restriction in the
exhaust system.  Open for suggestions.