DPO!!!!!

To: "John Macartney (TR)" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: DPO!!!!!
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:38:22 -0400
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
jonmac writes:

>For some light relief on an otherwise unrewarding evening,
>I've just spent an absorbing hour or so stripping the rocker
>shaft on Canley Girl. What I found was *interesting.*

<<<<<<<< Snip>>>>>>>>>>.

>Anyone got a spare hernia truss I can wear when lifting the
>engine out of the car? There's another little thing too.
>One blocked oil feed to the head that has done little to
>stop things going squeak squeak. Anyone want a four seat 135
>horsepower Triumph saloon?
>
>Jonmac

Now, John, don't jump to conclusions.  Just because your
rocker assembly is knackered doesn't mean the rest of the car
is shot.  It doesn't even mean the rest of the engine is shot.  Or
even the camshaft.  The lobes just might have been lubed
sufficiently via other sources (eg: the cam bearing oil feeds) to
save them.

Find yourself a rocker shaft and some rockers and and slap on
an external oil feed kit and see what you have left.  She appearently
seemed to run well enough before you decided to look at the
rocker assembly, lets hope that everything else is OK.

Relax, watch some telly, fire off some inflamatory E-Mails to the
Prats of your choice and you will feel better in the morning.

Dr. Dave (I'm not really a doctor but I can still practice on the internet)
Massey