Two steps forward, one step back...

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two steps forward, one step back...
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:19:19 -0700 (PDT)

Got my exhaust manifold studs sorted out.  The manifold fits.  Noticed
that the nuts on the studs that connect the intake and exhaust manifolds
were quite rusty, however, managed to undo one nut (broke the other stud,
but this is on the manifold and no impossible to fix... just
time-consuming.

Also found out my intake manifold is broken :-(  Not badly, just the part
that holds it onto the exhaust.  So I will have to knuckle down at the
drill press and get the broken parts cleaned up, bits of stud removed,
threads chased.. and take it out to have it welded.  There's a
alminum-boat maker around here (Silver Streak) and I'm going to see if he
can just TIG it back together.  Bah, and I thought I was getting close.

Oh well, today I will ignore the engine and try to get my rockers fastened
on proper.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm