Re: TR 4? Solid AXLE for sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR 4? Solid AXLE for sale
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 09:30:16 +0000
Justin...

A quick note about shipping heavy objects that may be helpful.....

Last year I purchased two axles for my 62 Willys from a guy in Oakland CA.  He
straped them onto old pallets and delivered them to the closest AMTRAC train
station.  Amtrac called me about two days later when they arrived in Seattle
and all I had to do was go down and pick them up... they even helped put them
in the back of the Subaru (I didn"t have the TR3 then  :-).
The cost was about $.25 per pound regardless of distance if you can pick them
up at a station.   300 lbs of axle cost less than $80 as compared to freight
companies  wanting around $200 to $300 and a month.

Good luck, I hope someone will find them.
Bill Hook, rookie w/ 57 TR3