RE: 70 spit fast idle update

To: <KHOCO@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 70 spit fast idle update
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:20:12 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Ken,
I'm apparently picking this thread up after some conversation has already
occurred.  However, at the expense of offering advice that has already been
provided, here's my take on your situation.

When you mention that the car idles at 900 rpm until you blip the throttle,
I'm led to think that you either have a sticky throttle, sticky carburetor
butterfly, or a butterfly that may be improperly sealing the throat of the
carburetor.  Have you rebuilt the carburetor lately?  Or, is it in need of a
rebuild?

To check the throttle butterfly, I suggest removing the carburetor from the
manifold and shining a flashlight at one side of the butterfly while looking
in the other side.  The light should seep around the outer side of the
butterfly equally.  (I like to think that it looks like a solar eclipse,
with the butterfly being the moon as it blocks the sun.)

If any of this information has already been shared and already been shot
down, I apologize for using up the bandwidth.

Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net