Redlining your Tires--TR6

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Redlining your Tires--TR6
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 06:36:22 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear Listers,
    After saving about a year's worth of threads on tire makes and sizes for
a TR6, I've decided to purchase a set of 205/70's. I do still want the
"redline look" and am interested in feedback from those of you that have
converted today's tires by having the redline added to your tire of choice.
a few questions..
1. who does it?
2. how much per tire?
3. who do they do it?
4. does it look correct, or like the glue-on whitewalls of the 70's?
5. does it affect the integrity of the tire?
    I am aware of sources like coker who offer redlines, but their price is
exorbitant and i'm limited to the make and design of the tire. my idea is to
buy the best tire I can afford and have it "redlined" if the listers with
experience give a thumbs up.
    thanks for your advice.
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (tranny getting overdrive'd!)