RE:

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:23:24 -0700
Interesting question.  Just for fun, I added up all the chassis numbers
listed by Moss.
Score :
TR2/3/4         155364
TR5/250/6       109693

These numbers probably aren't particularly accurate (I especially suspect
Moss' numbers for '73 and '74), but would seem to show that there were many
more TRs built with the "tractor engine".
Although time has probably taken a heavier toll on the older cars, they are
also more desirable (no flames, please, I am NOT insulting your favorite
TR), so there is probably a higher percentage of the ones left that are in
running condition.

And since Justin drives a TR4A, he is probably somewhat biased <g>

Just a thought : It would probably help if everyone with a 5/250/6 wrote to
Justin saying "I'll take one (or two or three), when you make them".  A
small deposit would probably help even more.  I suspect that, if he had
1000 orders in hand, he'd be a lot more enthused about the project <g>

Randall