RE: Old Paint

To: "'Radley, Jack'" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Old Paint
From: "Padgett, John (Wes) W." <wpadgett@utmb.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:38:48 -0500
Jack

I would try using Zymol pre-wax treatment and follow it with the Zymol wax,
per the instructions.  If the paint is oxidized real badly you may try using
a clay bar.  It should remove a small layer of paint and get you down to the
good paint.  The good thing about the Zymol is that supposedly it will only
remove just the bad paint.  I don't know how but it works.  There was an
article in British Cars a few years ago that test Zymol, Auto Gleam and
Turtle Wax.  I believe that Zymol won, but the Auto Gleam was a good product
also.  I would stay away from polishing compounds, if have never had any
luck with them.  I have never used the clay bar either but it is supposed to
be gentler than rubbing and polishing compounds.

Good Luck
Wes