RE: Redline Tires

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Redline Tires
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:11:04 -0700
Rob :

If the tire was made in the last 20 years or so, it should have the full
DOT serial number on the sidewall.  This is a group of 12-14 numbers and
letters, beginning with DOT and ending with a 3 digit number, which tells
when the tire was made.  In that 3 digit number, the first two digits are
the week number, the last digit is the year.  For tires made in the 1990's
(at least for Michelins, I'm not certain about other tires), there should
be a triangle shaped figure after the last digit.

See http://www.dunloptire.com/tt101_dot.html (which doesn't explain the
triangle)

Randall