Re: Spit rear sag

To: Jerome Judge <Goodlift@Sprintmail.Com>
Subject: Re: Spit rear sag
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 16:17:06 -0400
Cc: Tom Ambrose <tambrose@tir.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Tom, I have the same problem with a TR6 I bought recently.  Even so, my springs
have some expander gizmos on them which you can put between the middle of the
spring and turn to expand the width. These can't cost too much and seem to help
-
maybe one on the driver's side.  However, I discovered my TR6 never received the
factory correction additional metal ring to pop on one end to correct too much
rear wheel camber.  And I also discovered my rubber insulator rings which go on
top and bottom of the springs were worn and collapsed. You may wish to check if
you have any similar situation with your Spit.

And, you might think about getting new springs, new rubber insulators, and a new
metal ring if Triumph put one out for the Spit.  I don't know about Spits, but
Moss puts out the competition springs for the TR6 which are supposedly stiffer
and maybe ride higher.  But then, maybe if I just lose a few pounds my Triumph
will not sag as much on the driver's side!  Good Luck, D. Michael