Re: wanting a Jag (was "from a Jag owner")

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: wanting a Jag (was "from a Jag owner")
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 23:24:46 -0400
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
At 9/12/99 10:09 PM, Michael D. Porter wrote:

>I know the feeling--I've come close to buying three over the last
>twenty-five years or so, an early XJ6, a `67 E-type FHC, and an XKS. I
>was always just a little too late, or the final price was a bit too
>steep.

Michael,

When I was about 17 my father had an 1950 something XK120 DHC.   I learned
to drive on that car.   He went through a hobby phase on cars for a couple
of years where he would buy a car keep for about 6 months and sell to buy
another beauty that caught his eye.   We had some wonderful cars during
that time.  We were not rich and my mother soon put an end to it.

I have always thought the 1960s MK ii sedans were beautiful
cars.  Civilized but sporty.

Brian Sanborn

62 TR4 CT16260L - Groton, MA
My TR4 Restoration Web Site