RE: What spark plugs in my TR6

To: "'Michael Cline'" <mcline@substrates.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What spark plugs in my TR6
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:45:21 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
According to Bentley's you have it backwards. Its the 12y through '72 and
the 9y for 73-76.  The engine number would appear right for a 72.

I may be wrong, but something in the back of my mind tells me that the lower
numbers are hotter plugs, but I may be wrong about that.  I looked around on
the web for some reference on the numbers, but couldn't find anything. The
number is definitely the heat range. See
http://www.pittauto.com/champion_model.shtml
I have used both in my 69 and prefer the 12y plug, but objectively speaking
I think there is little performance difference between the two.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L(O)  W4UCK