RE: Dzus Fastener

Subject: RE: Dzus Fastener
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:07:26 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
DZUS is actually a brand name, they still exist and make a variety of quick
release fasteners.  Check out their web page at
http://www.dzus.co.uk/home.htm .

As referred to on this list, the term "Dzus fastener" (or frequently "Dzus
button") refers to a particular design (patented I believe) of 1/4 turn
fastener, where the 'bolt' has a curved slot in the end, and the 'nut' is a
straight wire spring that gets pulled into the slot as the 'bolt' is turned
through the 1/4 turn.  Very common on 50's (and earlier) British cars and
airplanes, still used today in many applications.

On most TR2/3, the hood, windshield, and side curtains were held on by Dzus
fasteners.

Best picture I found (on short notice) is at
http://bakerprecision.com/dzus.htm

Randall