Removing body filler - found the Bondo bandito

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing body filler - found the Bondo bandito
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:13:48 -0400
Triumphiloi -

Thanks for the advice about removing the filler.  This car was a
victim of the Bondo bandito, who used a white plastic filler to
*replace* the missing lower end of the right front fender (and it turns
out the front end of the left rear fender.)  After I got through the
bondo and removed what was left of those spire screws, the fender
came right off.

During this drill I learned three things which I impart to the community:

1) You will always remove the most awkward bolt last.

2) Rust isn't as depressing when you are doing something about it.

and for those of you who saw my wife's e-mail last night, which
I didn't see until today:

3) If you cackle gleefully while reading your Triumph e-mail, and your
significant other asks "What's so funny?", DON'T answer "Oh nothing"
it will only make her more curious to find out what you're up to.  Sheesh,
start one little fire under the kitchen sink and you never live it down...

Cliff Hansen