classic car question

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: classic car question
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 15:12:22 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Today I attended a local European car show. Among the British, Italian &
German cars there was a 57 Porsche Speedster (restored). It had the weirdest
wheels. I couldn't find the owner so I thought someone on the list might
know. I put a picture at <http://gumbi.com/peterz/tmp/wheel.jpg>. The wheels
are 15" and the tires are 165-SR15. The thing that I can't figure out is the
bolt pattern. If you look at the picture you'll notice the studs are
extremely far apart compared to a more conventional wheel. Does anyone know
what the scoop is on these wheels? (The other 356 models had more
"conventional" bolt patterns on their wheels).

TIA for any info.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO