Re: Triumph TR7 [and shpping same TO the USA]

To: Ivo Puttemans <pensenkermis@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph TR7 [and shpping same TO the USA]
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:18:04 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@autox.team.net>
On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Ivo Puttemans wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just bought an Triumph TR7, in his first paint of 1977. Since I'm coming
> to the states in november I would like to take the car with me ofcourse. I
> will collect it in december. Now is my question where I could go for
> maintenance since I'm not a mechanic, preferrably in the Portland area
> (Maine).
> The car is an TR7 build in 1977, full option, sprayed British lawn green,
> and absolutely rust-free. The motor just completed 123.000km's and had an
> rebuilt 2 years ago. The car is original, apart from the seats, wich are
> replaced with newer ones.
> Is it easy to ship the car to the states and get the paperwork right?
>
> Thanx,
> Ivo.

I'm copying both the "Triumphs" e-mail list and a similar list for
members of The Vintage Triumph Register on this reply. Hopefully someone
on one of these lists will be able to share their experience in this
area.

Folks, please reply directly to Ivo Puttemans <pensenkermis@hotmail.com>,
with a copy to the list if you like, but do NOT reply just to me. Thanks!

--Andy