Non LBC - S2000/S800

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Non LBC - S2000/S800
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:54:40 EDT
List,

Here's a little more non LBC talk on the S2000 and S800/TR4 threads....I saw
both cars yesterday at a local car show in Bucks County, PA along with the
likes of a 1929 (?) Bugatti worth $2.5M, one of Tony Curtis' Rolls
Royce's...John DeLorean was there...and of course my Spit was there in the
thick of the judging (ha, ha).

My first glimpse of the S800 from a distance was that it was some sort of TR4
I hadn't seen before.  When you get close to it, the resemblence is
uncanny...interior layout (seats, dash, shifter, emerg brake) strikes a
similar look.  The rear is not squared off quite like a TR4 but the front
headlight and grille treatment gives you the first impression that perhaps Mr
Michelotti had a few beers with Mr Honda back in the early 60's!!??

As far as the new S2000 goes, there were three on display.  IMHO, comparing
cars of equal ilk (Miata, BMW, etc.) this car is very attractive in many
ways.  Unfortunately, the on-site salesperson was not to be found several
times so we couldn't get anyone to fire it up to check out the exhaust
note...I bet it didn't sound like a Civic but then again it probably didn't
sound like a nice monza or other nicely tuned TR exhaust system.....guess
I'll have to wait 'til I pass one on the highway.

Cheers,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (Fun Driver)