Proper fan belt for TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Proper fan belt for TR3A
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:52:42 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Good Morning, Listers (well, those in the western hemisphere, at least). I
have a question from a fellow club member who is changing his fan belt on
his TR3A. Apparently he bought this belt from his 'mechanic', and is now
finding that the belt will not go on, even with the generator bracket
slackened all the way back. He said the mechanic uses a pry bar to install
these at the shop (!), but he has had no similar luck. I forget the actual
circumference of a 'proper' 3A belt, but I cannot believe this guy has been
sold the correct one if a pry bar is needed! Any make/model numbers you
sidescreen guys are using (Dayco, others?). TIA

Cheers, JD