EGR light

To: robertla@interchange.ubc.ca
Subject: EGR light
From: Davgil@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:03:30 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
     I believe that you will find that the EGR light comes on at
predetermined intervals to indicate the time for an emissions inspection to
be performed at your British-Leyland dealer.  On my 76 TR6 there is a small
box connected in-line with my speedometer cable (I believe) that determines
the interval and has a reset mechanism.  The reset mechanism uses a
two-pronged key to reset the odometer style indicator on the box.  I have a
copy of the B-L emissions manual for the TR6 that gives all of the scheduled
service procedures in a very easy to follow set of steps and provides the
information needed to reset the box.  I do not have the key, but it appears
to me that this would be a very simple device to fabricate (There is a
drawing of the key) and that in fact there should not be any reason why you
could not reset this mechanism very simply.  Please let me know if you would
like a copy of the information from this manual by responding directly.

David Gill
1976 TR6