Converting mechanical tach to electric drive?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Converting mechanical tach to electric drive?
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:08:48 -0400
I have been following the thread about using a 2-point mallory distrib
and necessarily
converting mechanical drive to electrical drive.  I currently have a
distributor (without a mechanical tach connection) on my TR6 and with
electronic ignition/
external box.

Can anyone tell me what is involved with converting to electrical tach
drive?
Does it makes more sense to get the TR6 distrib with mechanical drive,
reconnect the electronic ignition, and the mechanical tach?

Thanks, D. Michael