Re: STROMBERG adjustment

To: Erik Bjorkner <autoxr@zebra.net>
Subject: Re: STROMBERG adjustment
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:23:04 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Erik:

You increase the richness by turning the adjustment tool clockwise:
to the right. This in essence engages the thread on the needle
with the needle adjusting screw and draws it up into the screw
and raises the needle. By raising the needle, more fule is sucked
up and mixed with the air in the suction chamber and thus into the
intake manifold.

The correct needle # is located at the top neck of the needle. You need
to remove the needle from the piston (I can e-mail you complete
instructions
from a tech tip I wrote for the club news letter on stopping damper
oil leaks, which explains how to remove the needle) and then pull up on
the head (the end that goes into the piston). The # is then visable. My
guess would be that it is #B.1AF.

I would not file the needle since it is likely to negatively impact
proper
metering of the fuel mixture.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6