Re: TR6 clutch problem

To: SpitRacer9@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch problem
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:12:08 +0200
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
From:                   SpitRacer9@aol.com
Date sent:              Sat, 25 Sep 1999 23:26:00 EDT
To:                     jh_davis@mindspring.com, bandrece@accessus.net
Copies to:              triumphs@autox.team.net
Send reply to:          SpitRacer9@aol.com

If it is not dripping on the ground from the slave cylinder it is probably
filling up the vacuum assist.  Easy way to tell this is to unbolt the master
cyl. from the servo and look for fluid in the servo.  It will hold about 1
pint before it starts to leak out of the servo.

Aaron

Aaron ,if I understand we speek about clutch problems, not many
TR6s have a servo assisted clutch as far as I know !!!!.
Not a long time ago I had a very nasty experience with the clutch of
my 6. One time it worked the other time no pressure, master
cylinder full, no leak, but at certain times no pressure. I removed
the cap of the fluid reservoir and noticed air bubbles appearing as
soon as I applied the pedal.No one could give me an explanation
for this because there was no leak anywhere.
I don't know where the air came from, but I realised that I was in
fact pumping fluid and air around in the master cylinder.I had the
bore honed and the interior replace by a new kit, problem solved.
It is very frustrating to be confronted with an inoperative clutch
without seeing any reason for it.
Jean R
70 TR6 PI
60 TR3A