Spit / GT-6 drive axle part needed (Urgently)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit / GT-6 drive axle part needed (Urgently)
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:03:52 -0400
Cc: Suzi Braden <braden.13@pop.service.ohio-state.edu>

I am in urgent need of a axle flange.  This is the component between the u-joint
and the differential output shaft (u-joint is pressed into the axle flange).
Part (according to the Vicky Brit catalog) is common for GT-6 and 71 up Spit.
Anyone in the midwest have a used one they would like to sell?  I definitely
want to have my car back in service by the weekend.  Fall in SE Michigan is too
precious of a time for me to not be driving my LBC.

This part lists for $28.50 from TRF and $34 from Vicky Brit.  I am definitely
converting to CV joints this winter and only need this part for 6 to 10 weeks
(depends on how soon the snow flies this year) and that is why I am looking for
a moderately inexpensive used one.  I  already purchased and installed a new
rotoflex, this past Sunday, after the 14 week old POS rotoflex split completely
apart.  Accelerating briskly from a stop light yesterday on my way into work the
axle flange / u-joint popped with out warning (no noticeable driveline
clunking).