Re: '74 TR6 placement of hazard relay

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '74 TR6 placement of hazard relay
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:09:39 -0400
Cc: Turner & Turner <turner@turner.se> charset=ISO-8859-1
Turner & Turner writes:

>When I dismantled my '74 TR6 before its resto it didn't have a hazard
>relay.
>
>I received what I believe is a new hazard relay in a stack of parts from
>Moss. The part in question is a black cube with a 1" side and some white
>sybmols and text on one face.
>
>What wires do I connect to it and where do I put it? (No sarcastic
>anatomical responses, please)
>
>TIA
>
>Adam Turner
>'74 TR6

The 74 model does not use a hazard light relay.  All switching is
handeled in the switch itself.  This change occured in 73 (I think)
and was carried through the end of production.  The two relays
in the vicinity of the fuse block are the horn relay and the starter
relay.

The earlier models had a much more simple switch and used
a relay to do all of the major switching.  If you have the Bentley
manual look in the front of the book for the later style wiring
diagram.

Good luck

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA