Re: Spax go bust in the U.K.

To: cameron greig <tr6greig@globalnet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Spax go bust in the U.K.
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:54:11 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
cameron greig wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Yes Spax have called in the receivers here in the U.K. The company is still
> trading for the moment,but have no shocks in stock for TR6s.I managed
> to find a set for the rear of my car when I bought the  kit from
> Racetoration,they only had the one set .

An aside on this... some manufacturers of seemingly only aftermarket
parts generally largely depend upon orders from assembly plants for the
bulk of their livelihood. In our industry, Koni has been trying to make
inroads, despite their higher costs, by promising a 300,000 mile
warranty on heavy-duty products. I suspect that Spax has been undone by
such aggressive marketing by other manufacturers in the OEM market.

Cheers.