New to list

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New to list
From: Dave Speed <dspeed@caverns.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 15:42:22 -0600

Greetings Listers !

I'm an old time TR person who's just gotten back into it.

My 1956 TR-3 was purchased (literally) in baskets in 1968.
It was roadable (renewed mechanically and  coachwork
somewhat restored) by 1970.  It was used on and off for
about 10 years and put up in the homestead garage.

But now its out.  And the engine is running.  I'm busy
removing the hydraulics for rebuild. Otherwise, its in decent
shape mechanically, tho the body work has suffered a litle.
I think I'll drive it a little before begining a new restoration -
better to get the juices flowing before a big project.

I'm looking for a copy of Bill Piggott's Original Triumph Tr;
Amazon has it listed as Out of Print.

Any pointers to scans of original color schemes would be
appreciated.  Mine was BRG/Black when I got it, and was
repainted in that scheme, but in the 60's I *think* it went
from its original white to blue to red before hitting BRG.

Any listers in SE New Mexico should give me a jingle;
I'm in Carlsbad, NM.

Dave

Churchill said: "Appeasement consists of being nice to a crocodile in
the hope that he will eat you last."