RE: valve grinding compound

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: valve grinding compound
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:45:58 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"

Perhaps lard mixed with something abrasive (dirt ?) might do for lapping
valves, but lard by itself is just a (rather poor) lubricant.

I can speak from observation : the knife DOES NOT become sharper when
butchering a hog, except when you stop to sharpen it <g>.  This doesn't even
rate as an old wive's tale, let alone a FoxFire legend.

Ordinary valve lapping compound should be available at any decent auto parts
store (like NAPA).  Even my local Pep Boys carries it.

Randall - who's got relatives in them thar hills <g>
59 TR3A