VTR trip

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR trip
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:39:03 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers, just a few comments on the S.E. VTR meet, what a great time and
what a great show. Dropped a U-joint just outside of Jacksonville, I had Don
Marshall's phone number in my travel kit, but, he was moving into his very
brand new garage with a house attached to it, so out comes the VTR magazine,
look up N. Florida club and the phone number of Walt Lanz, no worry, you
will be picked up in the morning and we will all decide what to do. My car
is taken to Bob Pillings business, where it is put on stands and shaft
removed, I have a u-joint with me, but, the flange is damaged, so laying on
the floor is a T/R 2 complete shaft, remove my grease fittings and away we
go. If you are traveling and have a problem, be sure this occurs in
Jacksonville Florida, you will have no problems getting great service from
club members there. Disconnected a wire from the O/D by accident, and within
2 minutes David Moag had a complete wiring diagram to Walt, telling us how
and what to do, back on the road again. The VTR meet was way beyond
expectations and the host people at every turn making sure all have a great
time, as at VTR in Maine someone else using R. John Lye's car turned in some
fast times ( you read that MJB) When traveling, take the VTR magazine along
it comes in handy. Again this list and VTR people are just amazing.  "FT"