Engine stand bolts

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine stand bolts
From: gspens <gspens@interactivemediaworks.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 11:29:42 -0500
    Thanks to everyone concerning the proper bolts to hold an engine on
an engine stand.  I did end up using grade 8 (simply because they were
there).  I had the engine in the back of my volvo wagon, turned the
engine up right bolted her up and destroyed the back of the wagon.  Next
time I'll cut a piece of 1" plywood to lay over the "hidden" compartment
in the back of the volvo.  Needless to say, I yanked pushed and prodded
the engine to get her out of the back of the volvo, and the bolts sure
held.  It sure seems scary though watching the engine "vibrate" on the
stand as you are pushing and pulling.  Now to finish the rebuild and
clean and paint it up.
Thanks,
Graham