RE: Stag power steering rack

To: "'Claudia Lied'" <cglied@whro.net>, "'Team.net Triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stag power steering rack
From: Philip Buck <philb@kxr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:47:38 -0800
I replace my power steering rack about 6 years ago with a reconditioned
one. The price seemed reasonable at the time (about $150 I think)
especially with all the work it takes just to get the thing out. Be sure to
check the bushing that the rack mounts to mine were very soft from all the
oil. The new ones improved the steering very much.
Philip
'73 Stag  '72 TR6
Santa Cruz CA