Smoking engine problems found

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smoking engine problems found
From: "Bryan Loy" <paradise@icx.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:05:21 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I would like to take a moment to thank the good folks that replied to my
query about the
oil burning on my TR-6.   The first mechanic got a bad reading on the
compression test.
The test I did myself today showed 120lbs. plus or minus 3 or 4 lbs.  No
ring problems!
Whew!  Now, the head is another story.  I found the source of the leak to be
the exhaust manifold at the #1 cylinder.  Also, upon looking in the spark
plug hole, all but 2 of the cylinders show wetness.  As in oil.  Looks like
valve guides all around.  Thanks again for the help.  Ya'll are a great
bunch!
Bryan C. Loy