TR4 and 4A Parts FS

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 and 4A Parts FS
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 07:57:09 -0500
Finally finished dismantling the solid-axle TR4A I picked up a few weeks
ago. I'm keeping a few parts for my TR3A (Can you say "OVERDRIVE"?!), but I
have a long list of items I cannot use. Commission number indicates it's a
'62 TR4, but there are too many obviously 4A features for that to be the
case. I removed the Comm# (CT 16763L O) and Body# (16730CT) plates if
anyone's interested in those - maybe you could put 'em on your TR8 just for
grins!  8^)

Most of the tub is actually quite good, but it was in an accident that left
some front end damage. The driver's side inner wing has been cut away just
fwd of the firewall so you'd need that sheet metal and some careful
alignment/welding to make it whole. Tub has very little rust. Some in the
battery area, floor pans and spare tire well, but really not bad. Battery
area should probably be cut out and replaced, but floors and tire well might
respond to POR-15. Rest of tub and body panels have virtually NO RUST!

It's possible the front, driver's side of the frame is bent as a result of
the accident. I can't tell for sure and someone with more expertise will
have to make that determination. Otherwise, the frame really does look to be
outstanding.

Thought I'd offer the following to the list if anyone's interested - then on
to the VTR Classifieds or ebay.

Tub/frame/engine block - no head, looks as if it blew a head gasket. Sleeves
have some rust and, while it does turn, it stops when it hits the rusted
area.
Rt front wing - Very Good
Both rear wings - VG to Excellent
Both doors with window glass and hardware - VG-E
Sunvisors and brackets (4A, not 4) - good
Hoodsticks - VG-E
Distributor - appears VG
All gauges - E
All switches - knobs not in the best condition
Valve cover - not bad, but could stand re-chroming
Seat tracks ("H" style) - E
4A Seat frames - E
Radiator (appears to have been re-cored)
Rear bumper with overriders - G-VG
Steering rack - too bad it won't fit my '3! - cond unknown
Fuel tank - still had fuel in it, no leaks, no rust, looks quite good
Front wing side lamps - G
Taillight assemblies - G-VG
Heater with defrost hoses and outlets (don't know if it works, but it looks
good)
Headlight cans - G

I HAVE to make room for my wife's car in the garage! I absolutely CANNOT
afford to have her park in the driveway for two winters in a row. So, the
tub, frame and engine block are going to the junkyard very soon if no one
wants them. I'll hang on to the other parts for a bit. Please contact me
off-list if you're interested. Thanks very much!

Michael Ferguson
Vernon, CT