Almost blew myself and my GT6+ up this orning!

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Almost blew myself and my GT6+ up this orning!
From: "Ken & Beth" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 10:52:29 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
After filling up the tank  the other day, I smelled gas...have ever since.
After starting her up (dopey me) and backing her out of the garage for an
inspection, I removed the tank cover and saw my sending unit (you know how
it's recessed into the tank?) swimming in about 3/4" of gasoline...with
those nice sending unit wires submerged. Seems my sending unit gasket isn't
what it was back in 1970!

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L