Best vendor for ft. end parts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Best vendor for ft. end parts
From: thom kuby <thomkuby@iwvisp.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 15:20:46 +0100
Cc: ednelson@ridgenet.net
Greetings,

A couple of things:

first - I'd like to thank all of you for responding to my post regarding
electric fan problems.  The fan is fixed, I found a short in the line,
fixed that and the fan appears to run ok.

Second - I finally got around to inspecting the front end, and things don't
look so hot...Appears that both ball joints are ancient history.  As long
as I'm getting into this sort of surgery, I might as well change out the
tie rod ends...Am I right to think this way? I think so.

So, I've got an appreciable amount of work to do...here are my immediate
questions:
1. where is the best source ($$ wise) for front-end components?
2. should I even deal with a complete set of ft. end bushings and do that
too? (if so, who would have those?)

and (and I just KNOW you're waiting for this one)

3. Is there anyone out there who is willing to sorta walk me through this
process, either via email or over the phone? I would benefit from some
"mentoring" here.  Yes, I can go ahead and do this on my own...but; "mo
heads is bettah" I think... for example, are there any "real special" tools
needed for this?  I have all the usual stuff on hand (I think).  btw- this
is a disk-braked TR3 (TR3A?).

comments anyone?

Again, the car's owner and I thank you in advance...this seems like a good
group on this list.

Cheers
Thom Kuby
Porsche freak, with a TR3 in his garage