RE: TR6 piston removal

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'gspens'" <gspens@interactivemediaworks.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 piston removal
From: Tom Walling & Wendy Rose <maineac@netquarters.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:56:52 -0500
There's some truth in the "one-way" theory -- the cylinder bore can have
developed a raised ridge where the piston rings don't touch (top and/or bottom
of the stroke).  If there's a ridge, and that's easy to determine just by
feeling with your fingernail for a "bump", then rent or buy a "ridge reamer" to
take it off and the piston should come out easily.

However, I suspect your problem has a LOT to do with the interesting statement
you made about the con rod still being stuck to the crank.  The crank shaft is
a rather substantial piece of metal, and it won't allow much movement of the
piston if the rod is seized.  You may want to stop hammering on the piston and
concentrate on getting the con. rod off of the crank.

Tom Waling