GT6+ Glovebox questions

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6+ Glovebox questions
From: "Ken & Beth" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 18:29:48 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Here I go again. My interior was bare when I bought the car, and I can't
find another local GT6 to check out. Anyway, I tried to install my new
gloveboxes today...here are my newest questions:

On the driver's side box, the wiring harness just wants to crush the damn
box if I try to put it in place. Where does that harness rest, just sitting
on top of the box? Mine's been hanging so long, it's kinda rigor-mortised
right where the box belongs! Also, where does the flasher mount..inside the
box? And, the upper mounting bracket on the steering column interferes with
that curved part of the glove box...any ideas about what I'm experiencing
there?

On the passenger side, the holes in the back of the box...the ones that
screw to the firewall...my holes in the box seem too high. Also, how the
hell do the foot ait vents mount with all that damn hose? It seems to me
that the hose is about 5 times the length it needs to be. Even winding it
around doesn't seem to get me to the mounting bracket. I'm assuming that the
vents mount close to the center support bracket.

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L