lube

To: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: lube
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 09:42:54 -0500
Message text written by "John A. Simmons"

Question,  went to change the oil and lube my 'new' car (recently acquired)
for the first time yesterday.  Found 7 grease nipples, 2 u-joints on each
end of the drive shaft, 1 on the drive shaft, 2 ball joints, and 2 on the
botton trunnions.  Are there any more?  I was surprized to find there were
none on what appears to be new tie rod ends, is this normal?

John, '71 TR6
<

John,

You may or may not have one on each of the tie rod ends, depending on
whether these are OE or not.  Also, be prepared to receive many posts about
how the trunions should be lub'd with gear oil and how to go about
converting a grease gun to pump oil.

Good luck.

Dave