RE: TR6 Oil Pressure Relief Valve

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Oil Pressure Relief Valve
From: Rob C Swift <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 17:32:56 -0500
Dear Frank,

        I replaced the plunger, spring, and washer of the PRV on my '75 TR6
without draining the oil at all.  The level should not be high enough to
drain out of the hole.

Rob Swift
Manassas, Virginia

BTW - my oil pressure is also well above 75 psi when cold.  I think if you
surveyed the list you would find that to be a normal characteristic.  I
believe this to be a combination of thick (cold) oil, and high rpm's due to
the choke pulled.  Please correct me if I am out of line, anyone.....