Studs came out of Trailing Arm 75 TR6

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Studs came out of Trailing Arm 75 TR6
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:24:01 -0500
My rear suspension rebuild is going well with all the list help. But,
when I went to release the 6 nuts to remove the right half-axle/hub
assembly, 4 out of 6 studs unscrewed totally.  It appears that the
threads were good, but now I have 4 full studs with nuts which are at
the point at which they were tightened down.  I assume there may be no
problem if I can screw them back in carefully with a torque wrench.  Any
comments as to returning the studs properly - to avoid stripping out the
aluminum threads in the trailing arms, would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help, D. Michael