homeowners assoc.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: homeowners assoc.
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:05:38 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
= this is a copy of my post back to Andy, I also live in Virginia, as
does Andy, I agree with what your feelings are, but,
Andy, just to fill you in a little further on this, be seated and watch your
blood pressure = it is against the law in the entire state of Va. to have a
car under cover, up on blocks, hidden behind a fence, hidden behind your
house, hidden behind trees, etc. etc., IT HAS TO HAVE A CURRENT TAG &
INSPECTION STICKER ON IT. You can have it in your garage, thats O/K, but
none of the above. Now for the juicey part, covered car behind your fence,
in your yard, on private property, = = they can come in tear down your
fence, tow the car and then = "BILL YOU FOR ALL OF THE TIME & LABOR" ==,
including the tearing down of the fence. The only vehicles allowed without
tags and a inspection sticker, are farm vehicles, and they must be in farm
zoned areas. I was on the committee here in Aquia Harbour when this matter
came up with our home owners assoc. I contacted the Stafford county states
attorney, and the Stafford board of supervisors, they informed me they will
come in and
do the towing free of charge to the assoc. and bill the homeowner, and take
any and all liaibility away from the assoc., so yes, it is a state law as
well as county laws, this is not just in your covenents, its the law, we had
69 cars in complete violation, sent them notices of the law, some complied,
some threatened, I quit.  "FT"