Re: tea

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tea
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 99 08:43:06 -0800
>I have never been fortunate enough to travel to the U/K, even
>though I would certainly like too.

I have been there a number of times.  The tea at fast food places, in the
do it yourself shelves in motel rooms are not very good.  It's right
there with the worst of American choices.

Buffet eateries provide a central hot water urn, a wood box with a Biglow
tea assortment and stuff for you to do it yourself.

So far the best tea service I have had has been in New England and a
hotel I stayed at in Stockholm.  The worst is in the Western US.

There is a local restrant that serves freshly ground coffee with people
walking around frequently offering to freshion your cup.  The same place
only offers Lipton tea (About the worst brand I have ever tasted),
provide hot (warm) water in a rapidly cooling metal pot that holds 1.3
cups of water, and charges you for a second tea if you want a second tea
bag.

If you want more tea and manage to get someone to provide additional warm
water you are expected to keep reusing your old depleated tea bag.  I do
not go there.

one thing that I have done that helps a great deal is I tell the
waiter/waitress at the begining that my tip is largely based upon the
quality of my tea service, and that I prefer a fresh tea bag wih a fresh
cup of tea.  Most people get the idea...and the tip.

Ah tea, a subject that warms my insides....

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.