Re: GT-6 tire size

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT-6 tire size
From: Mark Kinlocke <Mark@locklyn-agencies.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 22:04:30 +0000
Hello Marty, I tried 205/60 on my '71 mk3 Rotoflex using Dunlop tyres,
uprated Spax dampers and 5.5" rims. I also had turned in lips on the
fenders, done by previous owner. Under hard cornering or going over
bumps in the road, of which there are many where I live, there was
always some rubbing on the fenders or inner rear arch. Never had any
problems at the front except for increased understeer. Maybe these
particular 205/60 were a bit oversized or maybe it could have been
caused by my 20 stones weight. If you like the 205 look maybe you should
consider 205/50 or 195/60 which I think would have solved my clearance
problem. Me? I didn't bother to experiment and changed to 185/60 instead
and all was sweetness.

--
Mark Kinlocke