10 Cathedrals Run - May 6-7, 2000 - UK only

To: "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 10 Cathedrals Run - May 6-7, 2000 - UK only
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 20:27:15 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Friends

Are there any more UK/Ireland listers who want to
participate on this 850 mile / 24 hour run? Details were
circulated to all UK Triumph Clubs at the beginning of the
autumn and the available spaces are beginning to get taken.
This Run is not a race or rally and is aimed entirely at
generating income for The Guide Dogs for the Blind
Association. We have already selected and christened a
yellow labrador puppy 'Triumph' and her training cost will
be GBP 7000 by the time she's fully trained by her third
birthday. In case we generate more than 7K quid, other
reserve pups from the same litter have been named Herald and
Spitfire. As the run is also open to the Standard Car Club,
we've selected 'Triumph's' black sister (the only black one
in the litter) and called her 'Vanguard.'
Reply to me off list if you want an entry form. Entry cost
is GBP37.50 per person per car.
Any US listers want to ship their cars over to participate?
This is 24 hours of hard driving on narrow and very crowded
English roads with rest stops totalling no more than 4 hours
in that time.

John Macartney